When it comes to auto insurance rates, who you are determines what you pay.
Automobile insurance premiums are based on a large number of factors, some of which you can control, and some of which, alas, are incontrovertible facts of life. Statistically, a sixteen-year old boy with a 300 horsepower sports car in a big city is far more likely to hit something than a 35 year-old married guy driving a minivan around the suburbs.
While you can’t change your age and some other factors, there are things that you can do to keep insurance premiums as low as possible.
- Your age Dick Clark and Sophia Loren notwithstanding, aging is unavoidable. And while you may be a mature-looking teen or a youthful octogenarian, the oldest and the youngest drivers are far more likely to have accidents.
- Whether it’s the mothering instinct or fewer NASCAR fantasies, women statistically make safer drivers.
- Ok, you can change this, but there have been no reports of people marrying simply to lower their insurance rates. Factors you CAN change that impact your auto insurance rates
- Where you live matters. For instance, those living in rural America are far less likely to have a collision or a stolen car than those living in a city. But, sometimes even just moving across the street can change your rate.
- Speeding tickets, running red lights, failure to yield, etc. all count toward your auto insurance rate.
- If you must have that cherry red Corvette or the Ferrari Testarossa, be prepared to pay for it. Your insurance premiums will be higher.
- While you can’t change the past, keeping your slate clean and free of accidents will hold you in better stead than lots of fender benders.
- That’s right — many insurance companies view having a poor, or even no credit history as suggestive of higher risk.
- A little easier said than done. Believe it or not, insurers have found correlation between your occupation and risk. Makes sense that the pizza delivery guy could be a higher risk!
At Canyon Lands Insurance we can help you understand your auto insurance and find you the best rate.